How is your training split set up? Do you focus on training each muscle group once weekly? How many days weekly do you train?
Train until I die…LOL
I try to do a split, but there are days where Im not feeling a certain body part…like seriously I cant feel it its so sore! LOL
Monday - Leg/Abs
Tuesday - Chest/Bi/Tri/Cardio
Wednesday - Back/Abs
Thursday - Legs/Chest/bi/Tri/Cardio
Friday - Back/Abs
Saturday - Legs/Abs/Cardio
Sunday - Free day, usually what I feel like that day
Don’t die! Live to lift another day!
@calmb4dastorm I train 6 days a week. 3 on 1 off 3 on 1 off. Currently focusing on weaker parts. For me that is hams and back. Here is my split
Calves 3-4 times a week. Abs I hate doing them
Yes it sucks doing hams with only a day off lol
i been on a 3 on 1 off , for ever. … chest , shoulders ,tris. . next day back ,bis traps , then legs. …
Good split. I forgot on chest day I also do shoulders and arms same as back day I do arms on both back days
i mix it up tho , i may start with shoulders. , then hit chest. …then the next time my push comes around. i will. start with chest. and then shoulders.
Just got my new plan today:
High rep upper body
Switches every six weeks now that I’m working with my coach.
Thank you all for sharing thus far! I should have my new plan written down by Sunday. Starting a 16week cycle soon.
Sounds like a solid plan there!!
I will write your plan…
I have a love for calves…but abs…lord baby Jesus…HATE IT!
I always mix my resistance training (free weights only) with bodyweight circuits.
- 5 min Foam roll exercises
- 5 min Bio-Energetics warm up
Then do exercises below for 3 times:
- Dumbbell Lunges x 10 reps @ 15lbs each side
- Front Squats x 10 reps @ 40lbs
- Single Leg Squats x 10 reps each side @ 15lb dumbbells on each hand
- Donkey kicks @ 40 reps each side
- Single leg curls on stability ball @ 10 reps each side
- Jump Lunges @ 10 reps each side
- Jump Squats @ 10 reps
- Stability Ball Tucks and Pike x 10 reps @ 2-3 sets
- Stability Ball Crunches x 30 reps
UPPER BODY DAYS
(same warm-up and finish)
I do exercises below 3 times:
- Front squats x 10 reps @ 40lbs
- Overhead press x 10 reps @ 15lbs each side
- Front arm raises x 10 reps both arms at the same time @ 10lbs each side
- Burpees @ 20 reps
- Jump squats @ 10 reps
- Twist jumps @ 20 reps
- Line sprints @ 20 seconds
- Push up variations (one-legged, staggered, rotational, pull one leg in, etc) @ 10 reps
I hope to be at a gym soon so there’s more variety and heavier weights. But in the meantime I just add challenges by doing negative reps, different bodyweight exercises and adding more weights.
I’m not working on my arms and back too often right now because I really want to focus on reducing size around mid-section and thighs.