New....looking for legit advice

Hi guys. I am new to the forum, but hardly new to training or supplementing. I admit to being “out of the game” for a few years. It seems the landscape has changed…just a bit. I stumbled across this site while researching and feel like it is a place where I can get legit advice to help meet my goals as I am getting back into things. I look forward to all the information you can pass on. I will be posting my history, goals and tentative plans in the appropriate spot. I’m pumped up to be getting back into shape! Thank you in advance for your assistance

Welcome !!!

Welcome bro! We have a great group here

Welcome

Welcome. I learned more off this board in 6 months then I ever have previously, of course the right questions need to be asked, but either way there is a VAST amount of knowledge here, and you are in the right place!!

Great ta have ya. Welcome to the board.

Welcome to the group

WELCOME welcome :smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:…u couldnt have found a better place!..this is truely…a judgment free zone :smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:

wait…

u are in no way affiliated with planet fitness are u? :neutral_face::expressionless::neutral_face::expressionless::neutral_face::expressionless::neutral_face::expressionless::neutral_face: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

looking forward to your post and learning from u as well…i have and am learning so much here…

welcome :smiley::smiley::smiley:

Thank you for the warm welcome. I assume I’m missing out on an inside joke, but no, I am not affiliated with Planet Fitness in any way.

@Ncbjj77 … Lunk! :call_me_hand:t3::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’ll be happy to trade you juice advice for BJJ advice. I’ll start with a suggestion that you look for compounds that keep tendons and ligaments happy and lubed. things like deca, primo, adrol and I’m sure some others.

There was a post here about tendon health on cycle, I’ll see if
I can find it.

I’m pretty much constantly sore at the inside of the elbow and knee joints. nothing serious… but achey

@Burrr consider adding some Type II collagen supplements to your regimen. Type I and III are most effective for skin, nails and hair.

" Type II collagen is the basis for articular cartilage and hyaline cartilage, formed by homotrimers of collagen , type II , alpha 1 chains. It makes up 50% of all protein in cartilage and 85–90% of collagen of articular cartilage. Type II collagen does form fibrils." - Source Wikipedia

Also think about using cissus to help with inflammation. It is much more liver friendly than ibuprofen.

Arthrolyze from Species Nutrition is a very good product for joints. Dave Palumbo owns the company and he knows his shit. Can get it on Amazon. Im using it currently has having great success with it

Just ordered some up.

That is a nice product with a total 20mg UC-II per serving plus the added MSM, chon, & gluco. Are you using it only once a day?

I settled on these because of the 40mg UC-II per serving and the bottle contains 120 servings.

Thanks Top I will be adding this in, so when I do that should I stop my msm I would guess

@john,

Thats up to you Devil Dog. I would say keeping the MSM as part of the mix ain’t going to hurt anything but an increase in your monthly expenditure. In fact, it may even provide additional support. The thing is if we used EVERYTHING that is proven effective we would be broke. At some point we have to simplify things and place priority on a ‘Basic Survival Pack’.

The Arthrolyze that @MBTJR1980 uses appears to be a good product with good reviews and is a complete joint support product. The one I use only contains the UC-II because I use a different joint support product with it.

Ok makes sense to keep using msm, I will just cut dose down to two per day instead of 3. I am currently looking at the product you use and what @MBTJR1980 suggested

It really is a great product obviously i dont get any endorsement for it just letting my fellow brothers here know what works :wink: its not that expensive either

Thanks brother I love it when you vets post pics of products you guys use, or things I never heard of that could benefit me, then I go research and see if might work for me.