Gym Rants - Fitstudboi Log

So. Tuesday nights gym time

Cardio on the cross ramp…40 minutes…

Now for legs for an hr…

Ok. So i did the cardio i posted… and for the first time in years i tried legs…it was a task and uncomfortable…messed with my lumbar disc issue but i know i need to do this and as i figured it felt better as i went through sets. I have been doing the cross ramp with descent resistance and increasing ever so often so i could start trying legs…wasnt quite there yet but as @PHD say…get rid of those crutches and jump right in :rofl::rofl::rofl:…so here i am…

Squats of any kind and lunges are my difficulties rn. Looking to finally get past those real soon now that i am actually starting legs. Its going to hurt like hell at times…but being smart and creative about my approach…the hurt will be the right hurt and after its subsides…it will bee better than before and take more to hit that right hurt each time…till there is little to no hurt.

Any ways so…

Leg extensions on the delmar…

Double legs
5 sets of 15 reps…

Single alternating legs
5 sets of 15 reps .

Then i went to body squats…
6 sets of 30 reps…

What i did was use the pull up area there and the 300 lbs band and the bench chair u see there…

First 3 sets of 30…i had the seat tilted up so to stop me at a certain point so i can ease into this motion again and for and try and get that mind muscle connection going …

Then the second 3 sets of 30 i lowered the seat again…

Then…please excuse the mess…i have not usec that in a while. Since i dont have a seated hamstring curl machine…i used my hamstring bench instead…

5 sets of 15 reps there…

just using 2 …10 lbs plates…i felt a nice sore pull on my right lower lumbar area where the injury/ disc issue is…

This concludes gym time for Tuesday night.

Good night​:smiley::smiley:

What are you doing for your lower back? Frequency volume etc.

Good job bro. I need to look your plan over but if you told me about injury I have specific workouts for you to help. I got your update thanks

Rn nothing i got a back extension machine and plan on starting that as well as roman chair. No deadlifts yet but i have an idea on how to ease into that…but yes…i need to in the worst way develop strength and muscle density that area :slightly_smiling_face:

I thought i mentioned…but i am also thinking i may have left that out because i wanted a regular plan that would push me head on into an area i knew i really needed to fix. And take it upon my own to be creative to get it done as it is expected…where as before i was working towards the idea but it was hesitations because pain…and extended process…so some times if u just jump in and get at it…things move quicker…so i may not have mentioned because i wanted to be made to jump at it way sooner

I’ll look here in a few. But I don’t remember you mentioning this. This is important information we need to put the correct plan together for you to help you and keep you safe. See we don’t do cookie cutter plans lol

Yes you did and looks like you did workout given. Good job @fitstudboi

Yes i know…but for instance…when i set the age on the machine for cardio i put it damn near 15 years younger incase it has a lighter…or easier program for the same cycle for people in their 30’s and so forth…i like a challenge… i am now back to pain med only as precaution on those certain heavy days…but no longer required…so in a month and a half i have made strides again on that agenda. So i say all that to say. I like the plan…the problem is pushing and asserting pressure…so needless to say…stooping down…or getting down on the floor then getting up…sitting and standing up…simple stuff like have been a cjore…and was getting waay better till i fell off…and now way better again… thats just due to some deterioration…atrophy …in the are from lack of use to keep from agitating the issue which made matters worse. Muscle density and use of the area is key…fight through the pain…but as you said … wisely. So i am sure u have it all figured out :rofl::rofl: . I am in excellent hands.

Ok. So fasted cardio completed​:smiley::smiley::smiley:

Cross trainer…level 9 resistance …hill mode…40 minutes…

So friday was back and I did 30 minutes cardio before that but my stupid phone froze…i was on the cross trainer self powered one and it only post the time and cals once the shuts off…so that was frustrating…i hate not l9gging cardio…

Tonight… saturday…i got in 1 hr cardio on the cross ramp…resistance 11…12…13

20190217_003852 20190217_003847 20190217_003842

Then i did a couple quick sets of 30 assisted body squats…

20190217_013158

Then i did 4 sets of 15 reps and 2 sets of 12 reps on my back extension machine…

20190217_013140

Just a quick work out…nothing big…it was wsy late…

Its close to 2 am now on sunday morning so more gym time later today…a couple…

Alright. I hope u are having a great weekend!! :smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:

Keep going hard brother it seems like you went from going hard to maintenance. I did the same because of injuries hit it hard brother hit me up anytime.
Love the dungeon

No i still am have not posted every gym deal…had a scale shock this past thursday that knocked me on my ass for a minute…the kind that would make some say whats the point. So i kinda had a couple days spin out. With @PHD set up…there is not no going hard really…i dont post those gym times lol! But his chest work out i did for the first time in a while for instance on last monday…i felt sore and like i did one :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Got in fasted cardio by the way…cross trainer…this time i cut off streaming and had the camera ready! Lol! Started out at resistance level 9 in hill mode for 30 minutes then went to resistance level 10 for 30 minutes…

More gym time in 4 hrs lol!!

Oh i forgot…my sunday weigh in…i am stuck…i weighed in at 224 when i first posted again…i was hoping to be way down and been trying like hell…on thursday i went up to 228.8…didnt even wanna show that…the week before after the 224? That next week on that sunday i was showing 228…i almost died…but i knew what happened there…after that? I had no clue…things are not going like last year and i figured out why…

Last year i only did in the firtst several week…crazy cardio and calories restriction…zero carbs of any kind. I didnt even do artificial sweeteners… with some weights…and as i got closer to january last year i introduced more weights still on restriction…high cardio…weight loss slowed but was still moving forward…

This time i started out alot more weights…way less cardio…lower cals…and little to no carbs

I am doing alot of weights training sessions with cardio…most if the time prior all my calories burn each session was 1000 + or upper 800…this time its been 500…600…to upper 700…

I am concluding then that my muscle mass is increasing faster than my fat mass is decreasing causing a weight gain read out?

I literally lost it when i got on the scale this past thursday and saw i was fluctuating between 228 and 229 with 228.8 being the prominant read out

This may appear to be an obsession but i promise its not…its called being tired of being stuck for so long in this up and down and up and up battle tired 9f very bad and crippling quality of life and i just want it badly to be me again…to be able to function like all others i see…

That that change from where i am at starts with me…

I have made huge strides again in the past 6 weeks so i must be grateful of that and just calm the [email protected]^^ k down :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

So here is the weight since it seems to be stuck…

And i got that same exact readout all 4 differny ways i step on the scale so i guess thats a solid number

Well said bro, the change starts with you… any motivating factors are great, but when it comes down to it, it’s you whose controlling you… and I’m not saying it to you, I’m saying it with you for myself.

Remember what we talked about consistency is the key bro. Keep following the plan as laid out and you will see change.