Steroid & Ancillaries Half Life Chart

half-life
steroids

I did not find this in the forum and I apologize if has been posted before and I simply missed it in my search.

Oral steroids:

Drug Active half-life
Anadrol / Anapolan50 (oxymetholone) 8 to 9 hours
Anavar (oxandrolone) 9 hours
Dianabol (methandrostenolone, methandienone) 4.5 to 6 hours
Methyltestosterone 4 days
Winstrol (stanozolol) 9 hours
Halotestin (Fluoxymesterone) 9.5 hours
Turinabol (Tbol) 16 hours

Injectable steroids:

Drug Active half-life
Deca-durabolin (Nandrolone decanate) 15 days
Equipoise 14 days
Finaject (trenbolone acetate) 3 days
Primobolan (methenolone enanthate) 10.5 days
Sustanon or Omnadren 15 to 18 days
Testosterone Cypionate 12 days
Testosterone Enanthate 10.5 days
Testosterone Propionate 4.5 days
Testosterone Suspension 1 day
Winstrol (stanozolol) 1 day

Steroid esters:

Drug Active half-life
Formate 1.5 days
Acetate 3 days
Propionate 4.5 days
Phenylpropionate 4.5 days
Butyrate 6 days
Valerate 7.5 days
Hexanoate 9 days
Caproate 9 days
Isocaproate 9 days
Heptanoate 10.5 days
Enanthate 10.5 days
Octanoate 12 days
Cypionate 12 days
Nonanoate 13.5 days
Decanoate 15 days
Undecanoate 16.5 days

Ancillaries:

Drug Active half-life
Arimidex 3 days
Clenbuterol 1.5 days
Clomid 5 days
Cytadren 6 hours
Ephedrine 6 hours
T3 10 hours
Letrozole 5 hours
Nolvadex (Tamoxifen Citrate) 14 days

I’m constantly googling these. Good to have in one place.

Yep…great for reference. Thanks brotha.

Thanks Man - this is great!

Sweet!

Awesome info brotha good work :ok_hand:t2:

Something that I believe is more important than understanding half life is understanding derivatives. Many experienced members know this already while the less experienced may have no clue. Without going deep into it now I would share that there are 3 major steroid derivative classes and their pro-hormones -

1. Testosterone derivative
  2. DHT derivative
  3. Nandrolone derivative

When I plan a cycle I take the derivative of the steroid in consideration before adding it to a cycle. Each have some common side effects but each also have unique side effects. Combining too many steroids or to large of dose in the same derivative classification is going to increase my likelihood of adverse side effects associated to that specific derivative. Take a basic Test/Deca cycle as an example. It is so popular because you are able to increase total dosage without greatly increasing adverse side effects. Test at 750mg and Deca at 500mg makes much better sense concerning side effects than Test at 1250mg. Add in a kicker or mid cycle of 50-100mg of anadrol to the Test/Deca cycle and boom… a moderate dosed and very good mix of covering all three classification while mitigating side effects.

I always like to focus on the synergy that different classifications bring to the cycle. The sum is greater than the total of the individual parts.

I have much to learn! I’ve taken both Prohormones and Sarms without any issues, but now that I am on TRT everything seems to be a different ballgame. Thanks for the post.

Steroid use is a science and just like any proper science project we must be able to use the basic skills of science-

1. Observing
  2. Communicating
  3. Classifying
  4. Inferring
  5. Measuring
  6. Predicting

Imagine you are the scientist and the lab rat at the same time. What information do you need as the scientist and what information do you WANT the scientist to have as the lab rat. :wink:

Or… you can just wing it and pray for the best. :pray:

In my experience careful planning leads to better results in all of my test subjects. :wink: I am always looking for the absolute best return on investment possible.

Me too my man! Always have to have a solid plan and if problems come to head you can make adjustments to continue making progress safely!

Other experienced members and you @MBTJR1980 can vouch for this… when we have a certain degree of experience we can ‘wing it’ to a responsible degree because of our past history and level of experience. In the beginning I believe it is very important to do every thing by the book and make specific adjustments to the project based on the ‘rats’ reaction, progress and on individual need. When I say by the book I mean proven methods from the personal experiences of others. I don’t need to be the smartest person. I only need to surround myself with the smartest people. :wink:

Hell yeah i def agree with you bro! In the beginning do everything by the book, ask people who know how to do it right and then you are guarenteed to get the results you want. We have so many vets here that can chime in to help out. I love the way we all jump up to be there for our fellow bros :ok_hand:t2:

So question. I found this pub med which states the half life of test e to be 5 days: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/2333732/

This calculator site says it is 4.5 and actually has a note that 10.5 is a misconception that was widely spread and that’s why we see it posted in most places: http://steroidcalc.com/about.html

Wiki also has it at 4.5: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Testosterone_enanthate
And sites this study: https://books.google.com/books?id=x4ttqKIAOg0C&pg=PA423#v=onepage&q&f=false

So is it true that it is indeed 4.5 and not the 10.5 most will say. I have no clue and am not a scientist but thought pub med and these studies were considered actual good sources vs most of the bro science. I need to know if most are spreading wrong info or if these studies are somehow not reliable haha.

@SemperFi

This is awesome! Thanks!