Ketogenic and Very Low Carbohydrate Friendly Recipes

Nice. I use G. Hughes line of sauces myself. Even when not on keto I limit added sugars and I do not use anything with high fructose corn syrup ever!

Ohhhh he makes other sauces too? Now I gotta look. I couldn’t believe how good it tastes. Made my plain burger not too bad lol

Seared Wild Alaskan Cod with Tomato Hollandaise

Pan Seared Cod

1 pound (4-fillets) wild Alaskan Cod
1 tablespoon salted butter
1 tablespoon avocado oil

Tomato Hollandaise

3 large egg yolks
3 tablespoons warm water
8oz salted butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

Prep

1. Season both sides of the fillet.
  2. Coat the bottom of a non-stick pan with avocado oil and turn to medium heat. Add butter. When the oil and butter start to sizzle, add cod fillets and sear two to three minutes. Turn fish over. Tilt the pan and collect butter and oil and, with a spoon, baste your fish. Continue to cook for another two to three minutes.
  3. Melt the butter
  4. Over a double boil, beat egg yolks and warm water (rule of thumb, 1 tablespoon of water for every egg yolk) until thick and creamy. Look for very soft peaks.
  5. Once the yolks reached the desired thickness, remove from heat. You may place a warm towel under your bowl. Whenever making any kind of emulsion, the addition of fats needs to be gradual – start with a few drops to get the emulsion started.
  6. Continue streaming in butter until it is fully incorporated.
  7. Season with salt and pepper. Add herbs, if desired.
  8. Add tomato paste. Mix to combine.
  9. Finish with lemon juice. Adjust final consistency with a little bit of warm water to lighten the sauce and fluidity. Keep warm over a double boiler until ready to serve.

This makes a total of 4 servings of Pan Seared Cod with Tomato Hollandaise. Each serving comes out to be 589 Calories, 56g Fats, 2.25g Net Carbs, and 21g Protein.

Looks amazing especially a tomato hollandaise sauce ohh so good.
I haven’t had good luck with cod in the past. I believe that I get a subpar quality of cod. I get really good seafood when it comes to just about everything else. Cod isn’t locally sourced. I wish it was seems like its always tilapia for me when it comes down to eating white fish sometimes I get some mahi.

6oz of cod at 21g of protein I actually thought that it was less. I always enjoy the recipes that you post. I haven’t tried enough of them but the ones I have especially the ropa viaha was great

4oz of cod is 21g. 6oz is 30g.

1lb is 16oz. Divided by 4 = 4oz. :wink:

Got me lol
I did the math wrong on that.
I actually thought that white fish though had a lower amount of protein. I should probably have more in my diet fish is a great protein. I got really sick of tilapia though and ive been on a chicken binge lately lol

In your part of the country you should have great sources for some excellent warm water white fish. I would love to have some fresh Pompano.

You’re better off eating Alpo than Tilapia… especially if it is sourced from China.

Tilapia can be really bad and is definitely something to watch where your supply is coming from.
I don’t believe that ive ever eaten pompano to be honest. Ive tried just about everything that comes from the sea and I can’t remember ever eating pompano.
Im lucky to have the access to seafood that I do and have run an entire cycle with just seafood as protein. Might have had chicken a couple of times lol. It was an amazing diet though. I actually felt amazing and I really believe that the seafood was a great improvement from say eating a heavy red meat diet. I really felt like everything was much easier to digest and I was able to eat a massive amount of protein without feeling sluggish at all. I would definitely recommend eating more fish in a diet over meat to anyone.

Keto Spaghetti Squash Lasagna Casserole
spaghetti-squash-lasagna-casserole-pin

1 whole spaghetti squash
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1/2 medium onion, diced
1 pound 80/20 ground beef
1 pound Italian sausage
1 tablespoon minced garlic
24 ounces marinara sauce
20 ounces whole milk ricotta
2 large eggs
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
2 tablespoons chopped basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
8 ounces sliced mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons chopped parsley

1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
  2. Split the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
  3. Roast for 35-45 minutes or until the squash is tender and easily shreds with the fork. Remove from the skin into a bowl and set aside. If there’s any visible liquid drain or pat dry.
  4. While the squash roasts, heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a large cast iron skillet. Add the chopped onion, sausage, ground beef and garlic.
  5. Cook the meat thoroughly and drain any rendered fat.
  6. Add the marinara sauce to the meat mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer the sauce for about 15 minutes or until thick and most of the liquid has been reduced.
  7. While the meat simmers combine the ricotta cheese, ½ cup Parmesan cheese, eggs, basil and ½ teaspoon salt and pepper in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
  8. Turn the oven down to 350°F and lightly grease a 2.5 quart casserole dish.
  9. Begin with spaghetti squash, adding half the shreds (about 2 cups) to the bottom of the dish and pressing into a flat layer.
  10. Top with half the ricotta mixture, followed by half the meat sauce, and a layer of half the mozzarella cheese.
  11. Repeat the layers again, starting over with another layer of squash.
  12. Sprinkle the casserole with the remaining 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
  13. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake another 20 – 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Let rest for at least 15 minutes before serving.

This makes a total of 10 servings of Spaghetti Squash Lasagna Casserole. Each serving comes out to be 579 Calories, 46g Fats, 10g Net Carbs, and 30g Protein.

Ketogenic Pizza Dough