Stuffed Meatloaf with Cheese and Chorizo
1 lb Ground beef (I used 80/20)
1 lb Ground Chorizo
1/2 cup Coconut flour or 1 cup Almond flour
1/4 Red onion, minced (optional)
2 Garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tablespoon Garlic powder
1/2 tablespoon Onion powder
1/2 tablespoon Smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
6 oz Mild or sharp cheddar cheese block, cut into chunks
1/2 cup Salsa
- Pre-heat oven to 350F
- Mix all ingredients, except cheese and salsa, together in a large bowl
- Add half of the meatloaf mixture to a loaf pan and press into the bottom (if you don’t have a loaf pan big enough, then you can form the mixture into a loaf shape on a sheet pan)
- Place the cheese into the center of the loaf pan, leaving about an inch on all sides.
add the rest of the meatloaf to the pan and press it down to compress it slightly.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes. Serve with salsa.
Makes 6 Servings. One serving- 532 calories / 39g fat / 7 carbs / 1g fiber / 6g Net carbs/ 36g protein
If you are not too keen on chorizo, just use more ground beef, ground pork, or bison.
You could use mild cheddar, sharp cheddar, or medium cheddar.
IMPORTANT- Don’t over work the meatloaf mixture or your meatloaf will be dense. Using a loaf pan helps the meatloaf keep its shape.