Ketogenic and Very Low Carbohydrate Friendly Recipes

Hot Lava 808 Loco Moco with Keto Beef Gravy

8oz 70/30 Grass Fed Ground Beef
1/2 cup Riced Cauliflower
1 Large Egg
1/2 cup Beef Bone Broth
Cream Cheese
KerryGold Irish Butter

1. Pre season ground beef to taste. Press ground beef into a patty and pan sear, broil or grill.

2. Steam Riced Cauliflower. Add 1 Tbsp Butter. Mix

3. Fry Egg to preference.

4. Heat bone broth and add cream cheese to desired thickness.

Plate Cauliflower. Top with beef patty. Top with fried egg. Pour gravy over the plate. Do not be scared to save the drippings from the burger and add to the gravy, :wink:

Aloha… Keto Loco Moco.

This is my favorite breakfast of all time!

16 servings per whole cheesecake. Sorry I overlooked that.

SempferFi here’s a quick easy filling recipe.

4 grilled chicken or turkey beast. You can use any protein you like for this.

Sauté in olive oil

1 or 2 jalapeños

1 green portion of a scallion

1 clove garlic

2 cups of mushrooms

Cook mushrooms separate. Never salt your mushrooms until after you cook them because the salt will suck the water out while cooking and they won’t sauté perfect.

Now sauté garlic and scallion green and jalapeño together.

Then cut protein into bite size portions.

Now combine all your ingredients and sauté on low heat for about 10-15 min. Add a 1/2 cup of chicken stock and some fresh parsley not the dry flakes.

Now eat and douse with Tabasco ( Green Jalapeño) The new green Tabasco is AMAZING!

This sounds amazing brother, thank you so much for sharing these. The wife is making the cheesecake tomorrow!

Keto Very Low Carb Coconut Macaroons

8 oz finely shredded coconut
13.5 oz coconut milk- full fat canned
2 eggs
Monk Fruit sweetener to taste
2 tbsp coconut flour

1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. Mix together all the ingredients until well combined. Drop 24 heaping tablespoons onto 2 cookie sheets.
  3. Bake for 30 minutes or until the edges are golden and the cookies are slightly firm to the touch.

Per macaroon-

Total Fat- 12g
Saturated Fat- 10g
Total Carbs- 4g
Fiber-2g
Net Carbs- 2g
Protein- 2g

I like my macaroons to feel and taste ‘moister’ so I add 2 tablespoons of C8 MCT oil. C8 is more expensive then a blend but there is a reason to use C8 vs C8,C10 C12 blend when in ketosis. If you are a chocolate lover you can add sugar free chocolate chips or cocoa.

My pure C8 MCT oil of choice- It is flavorless and can be added to any meal to supplement your fat intake needs. The pump is really convenient as well.

@DVA as promised!

Thank you!!! I’m buying ingredients now lol.

Stuffed Meatloaf with Cheese and Chorizo

Ingredients

1 lb Ground beef (I used 80/20)
1 lb Ground Chorizo
1 Egg
1/2 cup Coconut flour or 1 cup Almond flour
1/4 Red onion, minced (optional)
2 Garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tablespoon Garlic powder
1/2 tablespoon Onion powder
1/2 tablespoon Smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
6 oz Mild or sharp cheddar cheese block, cut into chunks
1/2 cup Salsa

Instructions

1. Pre-heat oven to 350F
  2. Mix all ingredients, except cheese and salsa, together in a large bowl
  3. Add half of the meatloaf mixture to a loaf pan and press into the bottom (if you don’t have a loaf pan big enough, then you can form the mixture into a loaf shape on a sheet pan)
  4. Place the cheese into the center of the loaf pan, leaving about an inch on all sides.
    add the rest of the meatloaf to the pan and press it down to compress it slightly.
  5. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes
  6. Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes. Serve with salsa.

Makes 6 Servings. One serving- 532 calories / 39g fat / 7 carbs / 1g fiber / 6g Net carbs/ 36g protein

If you are not too keen on chorizo, just use more ground beef, ground pork, or bison.

You could use mild cheddar, sharp cheddar, or medium cheddar.

IMPORTANT- Don’t over work the meatloaf mixture or your meatloaf will be dense. Using a loaf pan helps the meatloaf keep its shape.

Ketogenic Diet Pasta Alternatives-

If you love pasta and you think you can’t have it on a ketogenic diet. Think again or better yet think outside the box on what you consider pasta. :wink:

1. Zoodles - spiralized zucchini
  2. Almond flour pasta
  3. Spagetti squash
  4. Egg pasta
  5. Shirataki noodles
  6. Black bean pasta

1 and 3 are my personal favorites. In my experience best results with zoodles is to NOT cook them. The heat from the sauce or topping you choose will be enough to blanch them and provide a nice firm ‘noodle’. Cooking causes them to become mushy and useless as a noodle.

@mommie2008 sounds good and easy enough!

Low Carb Blackberry Chipotle Jam

8 ounces blackberries
1 ½ whole chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
¼ cup erythritol (I substitute with monk fruit to taste)
¼ cup MCT oil
¼ teaspoon guar gum

1. Add blackberries to a pan over low heat. Allow them to cook slightly so that they become soft – about 5 minutes.
  2. Add chipotle in adobo to the mixture.
  3. Add erythritol to the pan and mix into the blackberries. Crush blackberries using a spoon or fork and mix together again.
  4. Add MCT Oil to the pan and turn heat up to medium. Allow the jam to boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 6-8 minutes.
  5. Add guar gum to the jam and mix thoroughly. Continue to mix for about 1-2 minutes or until mixture thickens.
  6. Strain seeds from the jam using a colander and the back of a metal spoon. Discard seeds when finished. (optional- I like seeds in my jam)

Makes 10 tbsp. of Low Carb Blackberry Chipotle Jam. Each tablespoon comes out to be 51 Calories, 4g Fats, 1g Net Carbs, and 1/3g Protein.

@josh and @mommie2008 I would say if you are not actually looking to be in ketosis I would avoid ketogenic recipes like the plagued. Remember, ketogenic recipes are super high fat… eating fat will make you fat if you are not using it as fuel. A single serving of this meatloaf alone (39g fat) would exceed many individuals fat needs for the day on a ‘lean’ diet. When I am carb’ing and on a lean bulk diet I typically am between 50-70g fat per day. 70 is my max. If I am in maintenance it is under 50g.

It just sounds so good! Even this last one you posted about chipotle jam​:yum::yum:

@josh you like making that stuff

HAHA @SemperFi I tried the cheesecake recipe! It doesn’t look so pretty but it was pretty damn delicious. :joy: I finished this in 3 days. Does it look like I even made it right?

It looks good to me

I think it’s a little burnt haha

No cheese cake needs a crust like that im Italian and every real cheesecake ive ever eaten always has a nice crust around the edges.
Im wishing I could Ecut a piece lol

Idk shit about cheesecakes. Good to know lol

I wish we could get together brother @Mrs-Bigmurph cooks the best Italian cheesecake.
Its heavenly

It does have a crust @Bigmurph (almond flour & butter). View the recipe and you will see that it is keto compliant and carb friendly. Nothing can really compare to a well made cheesecake. Especially if it is flaky like the New York style’s I have had in the past but this is a good substitute to feel the need for cheesecake and remain in your Keto macros.