Ketogenic and Very Low Carbohydrate Friendly Recipes

This is reserved for member use to post their favorite ketogenic or very low carbohydrate recipes or ideas. The recipes need not be member originals. Simply post a recipe that is one of your favorites. The member must type the recipe out themselves but you can provide supporting links and pictures from the source where you found the recipe. If you modified the original recipe to improve it somehow please provide why and how.

Member discussion and questions are not discouraged but to keep the thread clean we ask that you attempt to stay on topic and specific to Ketogenic and VLC recipe ideas.

I will go through the thread once a month to clean it up so that future members have an easier time going through the thread of posts and replies. This housekeeping is not an attempt to censor any member it is just a way of making things easier to navigate for all members.

My favorite Keto isn’t a recipe really just a favorite dish of mine.

Real Fresh 100% Goat Cheese
Peperocinni Peppers
Green Olives w/pit.

It’s a very satisfying healthy Keto snack dish that’s great while watching tv because we know many Keto dishes could be very unhealthy. This is my favorite with a huge glass of organic black unsweetened ice tea with a mint sprig.

I came up with this idea because I like Pho and @TrenGod turned me onto shirataki noodles.

1. Make a beef bone broth. Add a medium white onion (cut in half) and one celery stock. Season to taste. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to slow simmer.

2. Make braised beef tips. I use avocado or MCT oil for searing.

3. Place beef tips into bone broth and simmer for 1.5 to 2 hours.

4. Remove broth from heat and allow to cool to room temp.

5. Add prepared shirataki noodles to broth.

6. Refrigerate overnight.

7. Remove broth from fridge. Remove shirataki noodles from broth and place in a deep serving bowl.

8. Reheat bone broth on medium heat.

9. Pour broth over shirtaki noodles. Garnish with cilantro, mint, red pepper flakes, etc. and serve.

I always make bone broth in large quantities. If freezes easily but should be used within 4-6 months of freezing.

That sounds great. One stupid question though. Onions are high in carbs. If you boil them in the broth are carbs now in the broth. Sorry In advance for my ignorance

One onion in a large pot of bone broth will provide very minimal carbs and almost zero net carbs per serving when included with the high fiber content of the noodles.

Net carbs are calculated by subtracting the fiber content of the food.

Ok. I’m making this tomorrow. Sounds so good

Keto Cheesecake Recipe, Very Low Carb, No Added Sugar, Gluten-Free

Ingredients

Crust:
2 cups almond flour (can use an almond/coconut flour blend)
3 tbsp erythritol (I substitute monk fruit to taste)
5 tbsp melted butter (I use KerryGold Irish Butter)

Filling:
4- 8 oz blocks cream cheese softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups erythritol can reduce it to 1 1/4 cup, if you like your desserts less sweet (I substitute monk fruit to taste)
3/4 cup Greek Yogurt or sour cream
3 eggs large, at room temperature

Instructions

Crust:

Preheat oven to 350 F. Line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan (or a pan with removable bottom) with parchment paper. You can wrap the pan with a layer of aluminum foil, in case of leaks.

In a bowl, combine the almond flour, butter and erythritol, stir to combine. Spread the mixture on the bottom of the pan and press to make the top smooth. Bake for 10 minutes, then let it cool to room temperature. Reduce the oven temperature to 300 F.

Cheesecake filling:

In a large bowl, cream together the cream cheese and sugar subtitute for 3-4 minutes, scraping down the bottom and sides of the bowl. Add vanilla. Mix to combine.

Add the yogurt (or sour cream) and beat on medium speed to combine.
Slowly add the eggs, one at a time, beating with the mixer on medium speed, after each addition.

Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 70-80 minutes, until the edges are golden and the top is set. Let the cheesecake cool inside the oven for 40 minutes. Then take it out and let it cool completely.

Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. I prefer a minimum of 4 hours chill time to ensure the cheesecake fully sets. Then you can serve it with topping of choice. I use raspberries or blueberries when the season allows.

Per Serving (without topping)-

Total Fat - 30g
Saturated Fat - 13g
Total Carbs - 6g
Fiber- 1g
Sugar- 2g
Net Carbs - 5g
Protein- 8g

Special for you @DVA. Your Krptonite just became one of your ketogenic diet BFF’s :wink:

Keto Friendly Pancakes -

3/4 cup Birch Benders Paleo Pancake Mix
2/3 cup cold water or whole milk- more may need to be added after mix sets
1 large egg
1 Tbsp MCT oil

Mix to the consistency of normal pancake batter. Let mix set 2 minutes. Add more water or milk as needed. The reason you let the mix set the cassava in the pancake mix absorbs the moisture and thickens the batter. More water may be needed to get to proper consistency.

Cook pancakes on medium heat (325 degrees) in an no-stick ungreased pan or griddle.

Serve with KerryGold Irish Butter and Lakanto Sugar Free Monk Fruit Maple Flavored Syrup.

Nutriton without added butter and syrup -
2- 4" Pancakes

Total Fat - 10g
Saturated Fat- 5g
Total Carbs- 16g
Fiber- 5g
Net Carbs- 11g
Protein- 8g

You can increase the protein content by adding whey protein to the batter.

One of my favorites is a bun less cheese burger

I make a nice size patty and put a nice hunk of cheddar cheese inside.

Brush mushrooms with olive oil and grill them.
Grill the burger and put it between this shrooms. Delicious. Don’t for get to cook the shrooms ahead of time so they are cool to the touch when the burger is ready. You can add zucchini fries.

16oz 80-20
2 large portabello mushroom caps (as the bun)
2 ounce cube of cheddar

Nice idea. I would go with a 70/30 or a fattier Kobe mix for my beef. I wouldn’t brush with olive oil because of the high temp of the grille. I would use avocado, coconut or MCT. Finish by brushing with salted butter.

One option on the portobello shrooms is to marinate them with butter and garlic on the inside cup for a few hours before grilling.

This is gonna be a must do. I love portabello mushrooms, and marinating them makes them 110%better!

Are you Chef Ramsey in disguise?

Nah… Just a ketogenic lifestyle junkie. I try to live 7-8 months a year in ketosis.

I did it once it’s very difficult in the beginning but gets so easy and I never felt better or more focused

Oh my gosh, these are amazing! How can the carb content be so low for the cheesecake (with all the creams) and pancake?? I know what I’m going shopping for, haha.

I love it too, I’ve never felt more focused and energetic. And it’s only been 3 months.

Lactose (sugar) is reduced during processing. Bacteria’s breakdown some of the lactose but leave the fat and protein behind.

Sweet!!

Here’s one I’ve used. Makes 4 servings

Italian Stuffed eggplant with ground veal can be a great lunch or dinner. With or without a topping of mozzarella cheese, veal loves eggplant.
INGREDIENTS
For Eggplant
2 eggplants
sea salt
olive oil for brushing
For Veal
1 pound ground veal
1 teaspoon seasalt
1 teaspoon black pepper
⅓ cup milk
½ cup chopped basil
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
⅓ cup grated pecorino romano or freshly grated parmesan (I tend to use both)
1 teaspoon fennel powder
1 egg
½ onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves minced
For Stuffed Eggplant
2 tablespoons tomato sauce (optional)
¼ cup mozzarella cheese
1 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese

Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
Rinse eggplant and dry with clean towel.
Score eggplant in cross hatch pattern, making sure not to cut into skin.
Cut eggplant lengthwise. Leave stems on.
Season with salt. Brush with olive oil.
Place face down on baking sheet.
Bake eggplant for 20 minutes. Check to see how done it it. This will all depend on size. I baked mine for 30 minutes.
While eggplant is baking, cook veal.
Loosen veal with hands. Season with salt and pepper.
Mix in herbs, spices and egg.
In large frying pan, saute onion for five minutes until softened, but not browned. Add garlic, and be careful not to brown.
Add ground meat, making sure to break apart and cook on low until meat is cooked through, continuing to stir.
Take eggplant out of the oven. Cool for a few minutes.
Scoop out all insides of the eggplant, carefully, so as to not break the skin.
If there is excess water in the baking dish, use paper towel.
Add eggplant to the ground meet.
Top with tomato sauce, which is optional.
Top with some mozzarella cheese.
Bake for ten minutes or until cheese is melted.
Serve with grated parmesan cheese.
Active Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes

I usually use a mixture of parmesan cheese and pecorino romano. The pecorino is a sheep’s cheese, more tangy and salty. Parmesan is a cow’s milk cheese.

@SemperFi what’s considered a serving size of that cheesecake?! Or did I miss that part haha