Gym Rants - Fitstudboi Log

cardio done just now…stretching…letting my sore joints decompress…then off the som weights!

so after cardio…i stretched out and twist and turn my compressed sore lumbar/hip/groin area took a lil bit…then i did 6 sets of 64 crunches while i was at it…

then i did some shoulders…

Military press…

we will say the bar is 25 lbs on the smith machine there…

75 lbs…20 reps…2 sets
75 lbs…15 reps…2 sets
85 lbs…15 reps…2 sets
95 lbs…12 reps…2 sets
105 lbs…10 reps…2 sets

total reps…144

then i tried side latteral but with just the 10 lbs plates…all i can put on that right shoulder rn

10 lbs…15 reps…6 sets…super set with 20 single arm curls with the 25 lbs dumbell

total reps of side latterals…90
total reps of arm curl…120

then i went to cambered bar chin raises on the cable…

50 lbs…25 reps…2 sets
60 lbs…20 reps…2 sets
70 lbs…20 reps…2 sets…i superset all those with 20 reps of half way alternating curls with the 15 lbs dumbell

total chin raises reps…130
total curls…120

this concludes fridaynights gym time.

Does it help you to count all the reps. I kinda stopped because it seemed to set limits. I still know if I did 8 or 12, or if its too light. I started this about 5 years ago. Some days the weights could vary by lets say 15lbs on db curls.

yes because each time i move up in weight it helps me gauge as well as it tell me that once i am able to do 12 to 15 reps at 195 lets say pretty easily…then i should be able to handle 225 @ 8 to 10 reps and 245 at 3 to 6…so then i would be ready to try

I don’t count either.

Yay military presses!!

so i got a 35 minute fasted cardio in…found out i had to do something so had to cut the intended hr short…

i am in damage control mode today because some how my two friends are anxious for me to come with the to the

pierogie fest :neutral_face::expressionless::neutral_face::expressionless::neutral_face::expressionless::neutral_face:

interestingly one of them is my buddy/ best friend/work partner/landlord/…SABATAGER :rofl::rofl::smiley:… apparently he sees his efforts have fallen short so now he and his buddy…the buddy who is never excited to me going anywhere with him…also asked …so here we have a double team effort to get me to bust out my now MEDIUM shirts and 33 pant size…

i will admit his efforts with scheduling and free food cus i had no time to eat ir get food about a moth…did slow things up alot and caused a derailment…but i kept pushing forward…

i guess its hard when loosing a member of the rockband …the bagels…:joy::joy::joy::joy:

i am going solo

so…later i will get a gym time on weights and cardio again and i will restrict to just protein and water and maybe only 4 pierogis…but meat ones…

Either is good. I definitely won’t count if I have a partner…just pick a weight and do it. I kept logs for years and sometimes I could of curled lets say 80 but would do 70 because I did 65 the last three times. Of course by the warm up I know if its gonna be 60 for 2 failure rep sets or 80 for a different kind of stimulation. Legs are the only body part that I can’t stop counting!!! Back is my one that I can never count. Just feeling the link in my mind …stretch…squeeze…I visualize bringing elbows back. I have to get another pair of hooks. Love those.

to me counting helps set goals for strength increase…i make sure as i increase i dont loose form and have the same feel as when i first did the lower weight at that rep and results…so i know for sure if last week after 3 weeks of barely getting 8 of 205 and this week so far i have done a solid 10 to 12 and could have swueezed 4 more with a spotter…then i am ready to move up 20 lbs for 4 to 6 and i stick with that till i can get 10 to 12 reps and so forth. so thats how it helps me

soo…i went to the pierogie fest and i did ok…did havd two large sweet tea half cut. and i did havd a chocolate covered cheesecake slice on a stick…but before that…had polish sausage with sauerkraut…no bread … a shish kabob and a guamki… gym time in a couple hours after I get done with a couple things…

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: love this shirt i got :rofl::rofl:

welp…just finished those couple things…almost 4 am…:neutral_face::expressionless::neutral_face::expressionless::neutral_face::expressionless::neutral_face: fml…try again later today

Ha ha awesome my dad makes some Outfuckingstanding homemade pieroges

One of my favorite foods I just can’t eat a lot of them right now :rofl::rofl::rofl:

it actually felt good yesterday we took a friend out for his b-day and i have not seen him in close to a year and he was shocked lol! he was like…i need you to send me a program to help me out…

then he said… which i liked and didnt think about this descriptive…but its soo true to me…

“one thing about you is that once you get tunnel vision…you are a beast!”

that is so true…naturally i dont believe in maybes or cheats… if you are going to diet and get fit then go all the way especially if bad foods/eating habbits and such were the down fall…cheat days only hamper progress while might be insignificant…every ounce forward is key…so yes…if i say no carbs…it means none till goal is reached even if it takes a few months to a year…and a cheat day only would consist of more servings of carbless meals :rofl::rofl: etc.

but yes…when i get in my mode…there is no short steppin…

so i felt good yesterday…and getting checked out going through the restaurant always helps the motivation and ego :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

So actually I did work out yesterday but I didn’t post anything in the morning I got up and I did a bunch of single arms and double arm back-to-back pumps on the selectorized chest press incline and then it was time to go to work didn’t have enough time to do much else.

Then I got home around 10 rest until around 11:30 and then I went to do some more test I did incline and by the time I was done with the incline I went the two plates 25 raps two sets then the two plates into tens 20 reps to sets then the two plates 2 tens 15 reps and by the time I got to the third plates of the tens on each side I fatigued out

I did do my 30 minute cardio prior 35 actually I will post that picture and then I realized how late it wasn’t have to go to bed I did get some stomach crunches in as well 8 sets of 64

I did get my UGM tank top it is amazing looking I cannot wait to put it on this evening and show you guys as well as my other t-shirt so I’m excited to start wearing those to the gym to represent :smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::sunglasses: :muscle::muscle::muscle::muscle::muscle::muscle:

so tonight went out to the gym around 10 pm…

did back…

hammer lat pull downs…

angle grip…
90 lbs…25 reps…2 sets
110 lbs…20 reps…2 sets
140 lbs…12 reps…2 sets
side grip…
90 lbs…25 reps…2 sets
110 lbs…20 reps…2 sets
140 lbs…12 reps…2 sets

total angle…114
total side…114

hammer rows…3 gips

straight grip…
90lbs…25 reps…2 sets
110lbs…20 reps…2 sets
140lbs…12 reps…2 sets

vertical grip…
90 lbs…25 reps…2 sets
110 lbs…25 reps…2 sets
140 lbs…20 reps …2 sets

top grip…
90 lbs…25 reps…2 sets
110 lbs…25 reps…2 sets
140 lbs…15 reps…2 sets

total str8…114
total vertical…140
total top…130

st8 arm lat pull downs

had no clue what that poundage was…

just did…4 sets of 25 at one weight then moved up and did 2 sets of 15 on the next weight in the stack…

did tricept pushdowns in between

25 reps 6 sets…

total str8 arms…130
total tricepts…150

then i did some abs…

hoist chair abs…

just added 15 lbs…25 reps…6 sets

total abs…150

then oblique twist machine…forgot to take picture of that machine

70 lbs…25 reps…4 sets l&r…

total reps…100

then i went and took a pucture of me in my ugm shirt i wore to the gym…in 30 days i hope this starts to hang loose around my belly! thats the goal…and more muscles ofcourse :rofl::rofl::rofl:

this concludes wednesday nights gym time august first

Soreness has been setting in from my back workout last night well on Wednesday night so this is good I had a pretty long workout.

For Thursday night I did a cardio session on the cross trainer…

Resistance level 17 front and back motion 5 minutes front 5 minutes back with both arms and legs 10 minutes alternating with just legs …then arms and legs…nirmal deal…kept resistance level at 17 and for cool down I bumped it up to 18 for every cool down minute to get those extra calories so in all I really did 65 minutes with no cooldown.

This concludes Thursday night workout August 2nd

this month my goal is to do 30,000 calories on cardio alone…so some how i have to make up for yesterday. i am a day behind ugh…we will see.

ok…so…

i missed yesterday…had big gym plans…quick run down…just messed up day…so…

5 am…phone is ringing…ignored…rings again…i am like…oh oooh…i saw it was my aunt…i was like i hope its not…THAT CALL…u know when someone dies?

ok…i answer second call…

she is frantic…her daughter…my cousin who just moved in town 50 minutes from me…got in a bug fight with this troubled roomie i heard about before…

then i get a call from her…my cousin… about 5 later…ofcourse i cant sleep now…so she is hisyericle and want to come by me

my place is a desaster…like the college kid that has pizza rotting under his bed for months and piles of garbage here and there…type a place

except i am no college kid :neutral_face::expressionless::neutral_face::expressionless::neutral_face::expressionless::neutral_face::expressionless::neutral_face:

i told her i had to work…and i had several thing planned ( but this was after a confused dont know what to say…still waking up)

so she hangs up after dissapointingly sayin in a teary voice…ok guess i have to go back to my apt…

ofcourse that woke me up more and i felr aweful and sent a few messages to her tell her to come but let me know for sure and i leave at 4 30

anyways…

so i also had this big gym agenda planned…a meeting with a couple friends that was taking me and my buddy out cus we live in the same area and we helped them out…one is 85 the wife husband 98…so i was not about to cancel on them so thats set…those guys are way top class people and sharp as hell…

so…that was at 4 30

so…to clean tge pig hut i was nonstop till just before 3 30…had to run out …needed cologne

oh…

did i tell u?..earlier the mom said…dont worry…she will just go to a hotel after she gets out the hospital…

so i heard from neither of them

i go to the store…running low on time…frustrated i missed my planned fasted hr cardio…there goes my thousand calories…

i went to carsons…big going out of business sale…get to the cologne section …all women stuff left…no mens…i am freaking out…asked where else in the mall to go…she saind kohls down the hall or perfume mania before kohls…i was on my way to kohls

saw perfume mania and went it…

just wanted two colognes

lady asked may i help you? i said i just want two cologns…versache and Yves Saint Laurent.

she said i got both of those…would have onlt cost me a lil over 100.00.maybe 130.00

wench hooked me for close to 300.00 omg! so i left…running late

my cousin texts at 3:45…

to tell me she is on her way…i said well i wont be home…

so too late to make a long story short…

i decided to leave her the key…

went out on the dinner date…amaaaazing restsurant…everyone knows these people that took us there…treated them like royalty…

they ordered stuff that wasnt on the menu she suggest to me her favorite shrimp and scallop afredo with this pink sauce…

i ususally stay awaaaay from any thing alfredo…even people with that name!

j/k

so today some how the food took 30 minutes longer…

this dinner date i expected to end by atleast 7 30…went to 8 30…and not i have eaten that food

and had left over…

it was a beast!! amazingly delicious…but i have a rule…if i am going to eat sometging wrong…eat it all at once or within a few hrs…do not carry to next day so i did

so…cousin was here…had to tend to her…missed gym

today though

i got my fasted cardio in at 11 30 am…

it was about 85 degrees out… and i was in my basement…no fans…

then tonight…sunday night i attempted another hr cardio…

but it was soo hot…i was pouring water off me…but that was great…i stopped though cus my left eye started twitching…so i thought to be safe and stop so today i got in close to 1900 cals of cardio…i got some catching up to do for sure…

the result is going to be nice for this next 30 days…i am excited!

this concludes sunday august 5th story and gym time :smiley::smiley::smiley: :rofl::rofl:

wednesday august 8th gym time…

65 minutes cardio

right after…

8 sets of 64 crunches

then right after…

chest…incline…

135 lbs…20 reps…1 set
155 lbs…15 reps…1 set
175 lbs…12 reps…1 set
195 lbs…10 reps…1 set
215 lbs .5 reps…1 set

total reps…62

then flat

145 lbs…20 reps…1 set
165 lbs…15 reps…1 set
185 lbs…10 reps…1 set

shoulder was pinching so i stopped there…

total reps…45

then delmar selecorised

single arm incline press the double…

20 lbs…25 reps…1 set right…left…both
30 lbs…25 reps…1 set…same
40 lbs…20 reps…1 set…same
50 lbs…20 reps…1 set…same
60 lbs…15 reps…1 set…same
75 lbs…15 reps…1 set…same

total reps…120

the bench press on the selectorized…

75 lbs…25 reps…1 set