Fucking dry rice. I need help

Ok. I have a serious question. How do you meal prep and keep your jasmine rice soft. I’m in day 2 and it’s hard as out of the bag. I need help. I bought a instapot. Added extra water. Mct oil.

The wife says theres not much you can do for keeping the rice soft for storage. But she did say that if you take the rice and add a little water to a skillet and steam it that it will get soft again pretty quickly. She said never use a microwave to reheat or cook your rice.

RICE COOKER! One of the. Eat things I bought. I have a 20 cup one. Perfect every time. Didn’t get easier.

Instapot sucks I paid a hundred dollars for it and it sits in the box most of the time while I use my 20$ rice cooker slow cooker combination.

I would ditch the instapot

It’s the instapot ultra. Rice cooker. And everything else. So they say. It’s really hard to choke down hard rice lol. It’s rough

Yeah I got the top notch one supposedly and I hate it. The only thing its good for in my opinion is cooking steamed eggs lol

Steamed eggs??? Seriously

I’m gonna try to put breast milk in with the rice.

I use a rice cooker for every cup of rice use 2 cups water hard to mess up I travel weekly and always pack cooked rice never have a problem u less it freezes then it’s kind of hard and nasty

Its hard boiled but steamed is much faster.
They have a rack that you put inside that holds 6 eggs per rack they actually come out perfectly but its the only thing I can make right in it lol

Do you pack a flat top also?
Ive been told that bbers basically travel with their rice cooker and a flat top electric griddle

I’ll have to try 2 cups of water. Thanks

Where am I going to put that lol. I just commented I pack my cooked rice lol

I was just curious I watched a documentary and saw all of them had there rice cooker and flattop in there hotel room.
I just figured it might be what all the guys do when they go to there competitions.

For competition I would if I needed to but not work. I travel every week I’m not carry that shit. I pre cook all my food and if staying longer than a week I’ll stay at a homewood suites they have stove tops I can cook if I need too. I got this down to a science being doing it for 7 years. Only thing I need to do is get a food saver so I can seal food better. Sometimes ziplock bags don’t zip lol

I was just out looking at the food saver and for 129$ its great but I worry about the cost of replacement bags.
Its a great tool. Im just sick of carrying Tupperware. When you mentioned ziplock bags that sounded great but I still haven’t switched over completely to ziplock.
I could see the food saver being a great tool especially since your traveling

Zip locks sucks. Tupperware sucks. My company makes you use Tupperware. Underground coal. They don’t want any trash.

Costco has them relatively cheap. I mean it’s deff worth it. I carry my iso bag every where I go with my work laptop has lots of room and my meals fit perfectly in bottom compartment. I can fit 6 meals in it. I freeze my chicken fish and steak in ziplock bags for the week and it’s perfect I don’t like to go any longer unless I can keep rest frozen till needed. Tends to go bad after 6 days. What do you do carry Tupperware in a Walmart bag?? Just curious. People
Make it harder than it is

I work in the food industry always in bakeries or dairy plants never had one issue just keep in my bag and when time to eat grab my bag and head to luch room or out with the guys to a restaurant and I bring my food in and eat with them

I just learned about steamed eggs and it’s a game changer bro!! I used to always fight to peel eggs hardboiled but since I started steaming them, man they come out so easy now.